The Seaplane Pilots Association Foundation
Our Foundation was created with these goals in mind:
- Protecting and promoting seaplane flying
- Educating both the flying and the non-flying public on seaplane safety and access issues
- Stimulating the growth and health of the seaplane community
- Producing seaplane safety programs in the form of workshops, literature, and videos
- Providing seaplane rating scholarship and training programs
The Seaplane Pilots Association Foundation is vital to the protection and promotion of seaplane flying. Thanks to generous donations from supporters, the foundation has assumed a growing role in the mission effectiveness of the Seaplane Pilots Association.
The seaplane community is faced with an aging pilot population that is shrinking daily, and the foundation is aggressively working to attract a new generation of young pilots. To address this problem the SPA Foundation is creating numerous interactive programs to attract youth to the water flying community, including a national Seaplane Rating Scholarship program. The Tyler Orsow-Chuck Kimes Memorial Scholarship program is actively stimulating the growth of the seaplane pilot population by providing zero-cost seaplane rating scholarship to deserving young career-track pilots.
The SPA Foundation is committed to partnering with other organizations such as the Aircraft Owners & Pilots Association, EAA, and the Recreational Aviation Foundation to effectively address the multitude of complex issues affecting the general aviation and seaplane communities.